A Living Portrait of India
|India Heritage:Performing Arts:Music:Classical:Hindustani Music|
mela of Carnatic music.Thãt
1. Bilawal - all seven notes in there pure forms,
that are arranged in sequence. The tar shadja is included in
the eighth position. In Carnatic music, this thãt is
known as the melakarta Shankarabharaman.
2. Kalyan - all seven notes in their pure form,
and a tivra madhyam.
3. Khamaj - Nishad in its komal
form, the others in their pure forms.
4. Bhairav - Rishab and dhaivat
as komal notes.
5. Purvi - Rishab and dhaivat as
komal notes and the madhyam as tivra.
6. Marwa - Rishab in its komal
form and a tivra madhyam.
7. Bhairavi - Shadja, pancham and madhyam
in their shuddha forms, and the others in their komal
forms. This is the melakarta Hanumantodi of Carnatic
8. Asavari - with gandhara, dhaivat and
nishad in their komal forms.
9. Kafi - gandhara and nishad as
komal swaras, all the rest in their pure forms.
10. Todi - Rishab, gandhara and dhaivat
as komal notes, and madhyam as tivra.